Sod is integral to the maintenance of your lawn. We carry sod that works well in Florida’s wet summers and dry winters, as well as sod tailored to thrive in Florida’s variety of soil conditions. For some of our sod products, we offer 400 and 500 sq ft pallets depending on the time of year and weather conditions.
Sod is sold individually by the piece for $1.00 each.
Discounted price is given for purchase of entire pallet.
Pallet of sod weighs about 2,000 lbs, more if rainy.
Dimensions are 4′ x 4′ on the pallet, averages 5′ high.
Must have truck or trailer to handle weight and size.
- Lay sod immediately within 24 hours after delivery.
- Lay sod pieces close together to avoid gaps.
- Water sod immediately after installation.
- Water sod 2″ per day for at least 14 days after installation.
- In hot weather, soak sod thoroughly every day.
- Do not fertilize new sod – Do not allow new sod to dry out.
- Watering is the key until your new sod is matured (45 days).
- Do not forget to mow within approximately 10 to 14 days after installation.
1 piece of sod is 16″ x “24”, which equals 2.75 square feet
A 500 square feet pallet contains approximately 180 pieces of sod.
To calculate how many pieces of sod you need, Measure total area (length x width) and divide by 2.75
Example: Area to lay sod is 10 ft x 10 ft = 100 sq ft. 100 sq ft divided by 2.75 = 36 pieces
Area = Length x Width
Area Calculations: Draw your site on paper as accurately as possible. Remember, Area = Length x Width.
Please Note: Calculators are an approximation only, as projects differ.